Mobile Notary Public In Vancouver- FAQ'S

What type of identification is acceptable?

You must have a passport, driver's license, or government-issued  identification card, which is current or expired not more than three years at the time of the notarization.  The identification must contain a photograph and signature, of the person that is signing the document. 


Can a Notary give legal advice or draft legal documents?

No, the Notary cannot act as a legal adviser and cannot prepare legal documents. 

Can I have a photocopy of a document notarized?

Yes, with the exception of any vital records such as a birth and death certificates, marriage licenses and divorce decrees. 

By having a document notarized does it make the document true or legal?

No, Notaries are not responsible for the accuracy or legality of documents that they notarize.  Notaries verify the identity of signers and witness their signing the documents.  The signers are responsible for the content of the documents.  

Can I have a document notarized that originated from out-of state?

Yes, as long as the notarization is taking place in the state that the Notary is commissioned in. 

Form I-9:

My new employer wants me to sign a Form I-9 and have it notarized by a Mobile Notary Public in Vancouver.

I can verify your identity, witness your signature in section 1 and attach a Notary Certificate to the Form I-9.

My new employer wants me to sign a Form I-9 and have a Notary complete section 2.

I would complete section 2 as an Authorized Representative of the company, not in the capacity of a Notary Public.  The company will need to provide me with a letter authorizing me as their representative.